Utrecht University - SCR integration
Retrofitting a DeNOx system in an existing Cogen Plant, consisting of five 2.2 MW Natural Gas Powered Engines, with minimal downtime and no major modifications to the existing building structure.
A bespoke exhaust system between the engine and stack, containing:
- Selective Catalytic Reactors (SCR)
- Tailored urea delivery system
- Heat Exchangers (EGHE’s)
- Explosion Relief Panels
The system has been designed to meet max. pressure drop requirements and sound levels.
A tailor made and identical layout for each engine room.
- Single point of contact for complete scope
- Better engine performance due to lower system back pressure
- Implemented without disturbing the existing engine room layout or building outline
- No more than two engines were modified at the same time, allowing power and heat generation to continue during the modification activities
- The system has an additional 25% capacity available for potential higher emission restrictions in the future